Katy Van de Putte
- Master of Social Work Degree
- Registered Social Worker in good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
Hi, I’m Katy Van de Putte (she/her)!
I’m a Family Counsellor, a day-trip adventurer, a podcast listener, and a proponent of mastering positive coping skills. Learning how to navigate the complexities of identity formation and communication styles within families can be a daily challenge. I’m confident that I can help kids and their families practice healthy and safe emotional regulation skills, leading to more positive and productive communication in the home.
I aspire to help children, youth, and parents/caregivers:
- Identify and feel their emotions, creating a DEEPER UNDERSTANDING OF SELF and greater empathy for others.
- Learn and utilize GO-TO COPING SKILLS to regulate emotions and decrease stress.
- Practice HEALTHY COMMUNICATION to increase trust and fortify relationships.
- Feel CONFIDENT AND SAFE in their identities so they can live joyfully.
I am enthusiastic about helping kids, teens, and parents identify healthy ways to deal with daily stressors, and I firmly believe in the power of early interventions to strengthen one’s mental health. When kids are able to adopt healthy habits and a deep understanding of self at an early age, their future successes are limitless!
I look forward to connecting with you and your family as you navigate life’s challenges and triumphs.
Let’s get your family communicating and connecting in safe and trusted ways!