Interested in joining our team as a Family Counsellor?
This individual possesses highly professional interpersonal and customer service skills. They are an excellent verbal and written communicator who enjoys helping others. Their strong work ethic allows them to work independently and efficiently while also contributing to the team and the practice’s mission. They are dependable and reliable and can flexibly adapt to change.
Does this sound like you? Keep reading – and don’t miss the details!
Swabey Family Counselling
Swabey Family Counselling is a family counselling practice located in LaSalle, Ontario that specializes in supporting children, teens, and parents. We help families build responsive relationships, develop core life skills, and reduce stress levels – we want families living their best lives possible!
As a team we value exceptional customer service as we want clients feeling welcomed, comfortable, and safe in our care. We support each other and share ideas on how to improve and meet our client’s needs. We value open communication and are accountable and reliable. We are passionate about making an impact on the families in our community. Would you like to join our team?
Here’s what we need and what you can expect:
Your role matters! Parents turn to you for support in understanding their child or teen, and they seek to learn new ways of connecting and building better relationships. As a Family Counsellor you play a vital role in helping families meet their goals and live life in a thriving way.
You are confident supporting parents alongside their child or teen – strengthening their skillsets for responsive parenting.
You are creative and playful and connect well with children and teens – helping them feel comfortable and at ease in the space.
You have strong clinical skillsets and work as a team player to utilize the systems put in place to ensure exceptional quality of care to clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide in-person and virtual individual and family counselling sessions with children, teens, and parents.
- Maintain timely and accurate records of client meetings including intake assessments, goals and action plans, and session notes.
- Manage client communication via email and telephone.
- Collaborate with practice and community providers for wrap around care.
- Utilize practice systems to track and meet clinical metrics.
- Engage as a team player to meet SFC’s mission.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree required in counselling psychology or social work.
- Current registration and in good standing with your professional college.
- Current professional liability insurance.
- Clinical experience working with children, teens, and parents .
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent and highly professional interpersonal skills, in person, virtually, telephone, and email.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
How to Apply
To be considered for interview you must complete the following:
Attach your resume and cover letter to the email. In your cover letter please provide details on your clinical counselling experience with children, teens, and parents – experiences that have helped you develop clinical counselling skills (internship, number of direct client contact hours, post graduate direct client contact hours, licensing requirements, supervision).
Please note that only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
We value the positive working environment we have at Swabey Family Counselling.
You can expect a thorough interview process as we determine the best fit for our team.