- Master’s Degree in Counselling Psychology
- Canadian Certified Counsellor in good standing with the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association
- Allied Mental Health Professional in good standing with American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy and Ontario Association of Marriage and Family Therapy.
Hi, I'm Jessica Swabey (she/her)!
I’m a Family Counsellor, a twin Mom, a happy camper, and a family communication enthusiast. Parenting is HARD! It’s a journey of understanding and navigating emotions and behaviors while creating healthy routines, balancing responsibilities, and managing schedules. It doesn’t have to be so draining and exhausting though. I’m confident that I can help you reduce the stress in your household and have strong relationships with your kids while setting clear boundaries on behaviors and expectations.
I aspire to help parents:
- Build RESPONSIVE RELATIONSHIPS with their children and teens: relationships in which children and teens want to turn to their parents and caregivers for support!
- Feel CONFIDENT in their parenting roles, knowing that they will not always get it right, and that’s Okay!
- Build a COHESIVE PARENTING TEAM – because let’s face it, parenting is hard enough as it is – being on separate teams makes it even more challenging!
- Develop COOPERATION and COLLABORATION within the family so that parenting can be less exhausting and more enjoyable!
My LOVE for brain science helps parents, children, and teenagers develop an understanding of what is happening beneath the behavior – because the behavior we see on the surface is a symptom of an underlying concern.
When we understand the root, we can then build effective strategies – for parents, kids, and teens – that actually work! No more band-aids! And in the long run, understanding the root and using effective strategies, creates strong, secure family relationships.
Let’s get you and your family enjoying life, playing, laughing, connecting, and building memories!